College of Engineering
The College of Engineering is the home application of mathematics and scientific principles to offer students a lifelong learning experience to be able to dive into the rapidly changing world. At AU we offer a variety of Engineering disciplines for students to specialize in such as: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Petroleum. At the COE we also offer students an internship program where students bridge academic studies with practical experiential learning. As well as the implementation of Project Based Learning (PBL) to provide students with the needed training and coaching in addition to the academic learning. AU provides students with fully equipped computer labs, private meeting rooms and to library service to ensure a successful educational journey.
Through its various programs reach in experiential learning, the College of Engineering educates students to become ethical and life-learning engineers who will make an impact nationally and regionally. It strives to serve society through the quality of its graduates and innovative research.
Strategic Goals 2021-2025
- Promote the school’s sustainability and growth.
- Foster the students’ hands-on experience and practical skills.
- Promote an experiential student-centered approach to teaching and learning.
- Nurture the students’ life-long learning skills to excel throughout their professional careers.
- Facilitate pathways to exchange and expand knowledge.
- Foster a research-driven environment that is integrated within education and industry activities.
- Serve the Kuwaiti society in alignment with Kuwait Vision 2035 “New Kuwait”.
- Enable faculty and students’ potentials through promoting critical thinking and problem solving and preserving mental health and wellbeing.
- Sustain a healthy work environment which preserves employees’ continuous growth, development, and sense of loyalty.
- Provide a holistic student experience covering both academic and non-academic areas.
List of College of Engineering Programs Offerings:
The College of Engineering at the Australian University will continue offering all existing programs, in addition the students will be given the opportunity to enroll in new programs and specializations. The College of Engineering students will be able to select the best track that meets their individual ability and academic choice.
These tracks are as follows:
An internship is a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work related to a student’s field of study or career interest. An internship gives a student the opportunity for career exploration and development, and to learn new skills. It also offers the employer the opportunity to bring new ideas and energy into the workplace, develop talent and potentially build a pipeline for future full-time employees.
The College of Engineering at AU is pleased to offer internships, designed to align with a job market that is increasingly diverse. Internship program helps AU’s students bridge their academic studies with practical experiential learning. The internship experience aims at developing awareness and the necessary skills required to fulfill the duties of an engineering position successfully. Internship increases the chances of securing employment by demonstrating the right competencies, attitude and, motivation for the job.
Internship provides students with an opportunity to:
- Gain real work and professional experience and provide meaningful assistance to the company.
- Have a mentor who provides guidance, feedback, receptiveness, and models professionalism.
- Gain experience and skills in a particular field.
- Develop professional contacts.
- Gain exposure to upper management.
- Receive an orientation to the company for which they are interning. This introduces the student to the company’s mission and goals and provides them with information about company rules, regulations and procedures.
The Project-Based Learning (PBL) Center is an organizational unit of the College of Engineering that aims to:
- Develop a PBL (Project Based Learning) model for the socio-cultural context of the Middle East region
- Develop and implement an effective PBL environment for AU’s students
- Train, coach and advise PBL facilitators (i.e. educators utilizing a PBL approach)
- Provide an internal and external representation of the PBL approach at AU
- Provide networking support with industry in the community allowing the University to develop strong industry partnerships.
- Provide input and recommendations to the University from an industry perspective as well as supporting the University’s strategic directions in terms of academic programs and partnerships.
- Review the program educational objectives to ensure that they meet the industrial needs.
- Evaluate strengths, merits, and weaknesses of the current curriculum in the context of the College of Engineering mission and program educational objectives.
- Provide recommendations to the College of Engineering on all matters related to the curriculum to improve the relationship between academic and professional practices.
- Review student performances relative to the program outcomes from an industrial point of view and propose strategies for continuous improvement of the program.
- Help in identifying opportunities for student’s involvement in research and capstone projects.
- Review the College of Engineering activities and plans related to research, consultancy, and short courses and make recommendations.
- Help in identifying opportunities for faculty research and development.
- Facilitate sponsorship of academic and student activities.
- Provide assistance to support and enhance engineering student internships and help in placing students through the working experience program.
- Enhance the visibility of the College of Engineering in the engineering community.
Academic Year 2021/2022
Helping industry achieve a better tomorrow.
AU’s College of Engineering wants to be your business’s go-to resource. Our partnerships with industry are important to us at AU. Let us show you how we can assist your company interact with our students to demonstrate your dedication to the community and your company’s expertise.
- Focusing on forming collaborations with organizations in need of solutions and with industry searching for competent students.
- Making it simple for businesses to connect with AU.
- Putting our partners in touch with students.
Provide an internship for students seeking to gain job experience and make connections in the industry.
The College of Engineering (COE) offers an internship program to potential students who wish to gain practical work experience through real life engineering projects.
Be a Guest Speaker
Students and staff will benefit from your insider expertise and fresh insights on a topic.
Pay it forward by sharing your knowledge and experience with a student who is looking to grow in their profession. Mentors receive a certificate of appreciation.
Gather input, discuss, and make recommendations on AU’s programming with AU officials, industry leaders, private organization representatives, and community members.
Give students a firsthand observation of your industry and a broader understanding of the engineering profession and their place in it.
As a judge or an observer, you will be able to see firsthand the engineering projects that are meant to deliver industrial solutions.
Project Based Learning
Share a case study highlighting a real-life business challenge that requires a solution to enhance your company’s brand.
Provide training opportunities for AU staff and students based on your industry’s experience.
Sponsorship & Giving
On AU’s campus, businesses have found success in efficiently creating and selling their brands to students. We can help you create personalized opportunities that are tailored to your company’s goals and community investment priorities.