Fees and Student Finances
All students are responsible for payment of their fees. Students who are on any form of scholarship such as the PUC must provide all needed documents to the college to confirm their scholarship.
Any self-funded student must pay fees according to the published deadlines.
AU offers a limited number of Academic Scholarships and Financial Assistance towards Fees (Bursaries). Click here for further information with regard to AU Academic Scholarships and Bursaries.
- Registration Fee – A minimum of KD 750/- for college students (KD 1,000/- for Foundation students) must be paid ahead of the registration period.
- After registration, the student shall pay the remaining tuition fees of the semester through one of the following ways:
- Students who, due to any financial issue, have difficulties in paying on time, may request an exception by sending an email to Finance@au.edu.kw.
AU student is entitled for a refund of registration fees if, and only if, the student is fully sponsored by sponsors (i.e. PUC, MOD, CSC, etc.) after making the registration payment to the university.
In case a student has paid the registration fees and did not register, the student is entitled for a refund of 60% of the paid registration fees.
Once a student is registered, the registration fees become non-refundable.
Tuition fees paid over the non-refundable registration fees are refundable if the student dropped units or cancelled the registration before the census date (last day to drop units).
In case the student applied for any of the listed withdrawal types, suspended or expelled, no refund will be allowed, and the full tuition fees of the semester will be due.
Please refer to AU Withdrawal Policy document.
|Stream||Program||Cost Per Credit Hour||Amenities Fees||Registration Fees||Acceptance Fees|
|Business – Diploma||Management
|137.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD||100.000 KWD|
|Business – Degree||Management
|199.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD||100.000 KWD|
|Engineering – Diploma||Civil
|158.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD||100.000 KWD|
|Engineering – Degree||Civil
|230.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD||100.000 KWD|
|Aviation – Degree||B1.1
|198.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD||100.000 KWD|
|Program||Course Price||Amenities Fees||Registration Fees|
|ACK English Programs||1,950.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||2,020.000 KWD|
|Program||Courses Per Semester||Course Price||Amenities Fees||Registration Fees|
|B1 + B2 Combined||4||862.000 KWD||70.000 KWD||750.000 KWD|
- Registration fee must be paid ahead of the registration period “Non-refundable”.
- Tuition Fees do not include the cost of books & other fees as defined.
- All fees are subject to be review based on PUC approval.
- Student registering at AU is entering into a legally binding contracts with AU.
The AU Finance Department will place students who fail to meet their financial obligations to AU on Stop List. A ‘Stop’ prevents students from, among other things; accessing their online results; collecting their AU transcripts; obtaining “To Whom It May Concern” Letters, and registering for future classes.