Department of Human Resources Management
We strive to provide an experiential learning model which provides our graduates with the knowledge, practical skills and attitude required for developing, maintaining and excelling in their professional careers.
We combine classroom learning with industrial exposure. Throughout their studies, our students receive support and guidance needed to master the knowledge areas they chose and graduate with confidence to build successful business careers. As John Dewey said: “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
We are proud of our experienced faculty members who are committed to excellence in teaching and research. Our qualified faculty will continue to offer excellent business education that is linked to the real world. They strive in preparing our students to become future business leaders.
The Department of Human Resources Management offers the following degrees:
- Diploma of Human Resources Management (0-2)
Diploma of Human Resources Management(0-2)
AU’s Diploma of Human Resources Management program has been designed to help human resources professionals succeed as strategic partners within their organization. It is focused on managing valuable resources; attracting and retaining people within an organization and, most importantly, managing and motivating staff to contribute effectively to the aims and objectives of the organization. The Diploma of HR Management consists of 60 CH in which students have to complete.
The Diploma of HR Management graduates are able to:
- Contribute in the recruitment, selection, and retention of employees.
- Participate in performance management processes.
- Contribute to an organization’s success through effective employee relations.
- Assist with the administration and communication of the organization’s total compensation plan.
- Develop policies and procedures for separation/termination of employment.
- Plan and act on personal professional development plans to achieve ongoing competence in human resources professional practice.
- Participate in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of employee orientation, training, and development programs.
- Identify the human resources component of a business plan.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of human resources data.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of HR Management the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of ethics and the legal environment of contemporary business.
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of HR.
- Use quantitative skills to facilitate management decision making and problem-solving.
- Evaluate a number of theories that explain human behavior.
- Evaluate the economic environments of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic concepts, principles, and theories of management.
- Analyze the key concepts and tools of marketing and their respective roles in business.
- Describe the role of information technology and information systems in business.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in a strategic manner.
- Develop and apply academic knowledge in a professional setting.
- Obtain through electives in-depth knowledge and understanding in more specific related areas.
Career Pathways of Diploma of Human Resources Management (0-2)