College of Business
The College of Business at AU offers a unique and innovative curriculum to prepare students for modern business practice. We implement PBL, Project Based Learning which qualifies our graduates with practical experience. It encourages students to carry on a life-long learning process, integrate business applications within a team environment, and adopt faster interdisciplinary thinking. AU’s Business programs provide students with a solid entrepreneurial education and vast career opportunities.
Our students have access to fully equipped computer labs, open-area, private meeting/study facilities and to full-service library. We are passionate about nurturing a culture of care. Our programs cover Business Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management, International Business & Entrepreneurship, Events Management, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, and Digital Marketing & Communication.
- To create and develop a learning environment that integrates theory and excellence in practice.
- To produce well-rounded business graduates who are capable of taking a leadership position in the field of Business Management.
- To provide the Business students an undergraduate education of the highest quality.
- To ensure that our graduates are prepared to engage ethically, efficiently and practically in both domestic and international environments.
- Graduate well-qualified and well-rounded business graduates who are equipped with the required knowledge and skills to successfully engage in the business profession.
- Espousing a continual improvement approach to ensure teaching quality service in Higher Education and Training.
- Encouraging research in local, regional and international journals and conferences, and where possible channeling these to be aligned with Kuwait national research priorities.
- To educate as well as train.
ICDL (International Computer Driving License) is an international certificate that demonstrates individual’s computer literacy skills.
In Kuwait the ICDL certification is an entry level requirement for employment within many government and private sector organizations. Knowledge and proficiency in the most used computer applications increase efficiency of work and productivity, which is why this is a sought after certificate.
College of Business at Australian University is a certified ICDL training and testing center offering both online and on campus training courses. Examinations are conducted on campus in AU’s testing computer laboratory.
We offer the following modules which form part of the certification:
- Computer Essentials
- Online Essentials
- Word processing
- Using Databases
- Online Collaboration
In regard to career advancement, candidates can choose 3 additional modules on a self-study basis. Modules for self-study are listed below.
- Project Planning
- Digital Marketing
- Health Information Systems
- Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Word Processing
- Advanced Spreadsheets
- Advanced Databases
- Advanced Presentation
For more information, or to register for an upcoming course, please click here
AU College of Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation body for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence. Institutions with programs accredited by ACBSP are committed to continuous improvement that ensures their business programs will equip students with the skills and attributes that are necessary to join the local or international market. AU College of Business received ACBSP accreditation in April 2018 for the following programs:
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Marketing
- Diploma of HR Management
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Students Achievements Statistics for Accredited Programs
AU College of Business periodically collects, analyzes and publishes data related to student achievements for all its accredited programs.
College of Business Graduates and Job Placement Rates (Academic Year(s) – 2018/2019, 2019/2020, 2020/2021)
The Australian University, College of Business is pleased to announce their first Scientific Conference on Digital Transformation in Business.
Digital Transformation is the implementation of computer technology to enhance the entire business, be it processes, products, strategy or structure. It has become an important source of sustainable competitive advantage, however, any change within an organization poses its own opportunities and challenges.
This conference will host international academics presenting their research related to opportunities and challenges of Digital Transformation in a variety of business sectors ranging from Banking, Insurance, Marketing, HR, Education, Aviation, Construction, and many others.
For more information, please visit our website: https://iscdt.au.edu.kw/iscdt