College of Business Industrial Advisory Board
- Provide trends and scenarios for the medium-term development of different sectors within industry with respect to;
- Professional abilities or competencies;
- Market forces;
- Structural changes that affect human capital (E.g. forecast skills shortages) in Business.
The depiction of the trends above is achieved through the development, and subsequent regular revision of graduate attributes and Program-specific knowledge and skills (Management, Marketing, HRM and other majors offered by the College of Business).
- Provide input and recommendations to the College of Business from an industry perspective as well as supporting the College’s strategic directions in terms of academic programs and partnerships.
- Review the College of Business curricula and educational objectives to ensure that they meet the industry needs. In addition, identify the strengths, merits, and weaknesses of the current curriculum in the context of the College of Business mission and educational objectives, to create opportunities for enhancement.
- Provide networking support with business leaders in the community allowing the College of Business to develop strong and enduring partnerships with industry and engagement with key decision makers to ensure consultancy opportunities for faculty and students; internship placements for students and research projects.
- Provide feedback on internship or employed student’s capabilities and gaps in knowledge to be included as curriculum development.